Reasons to sell with a Royal LePage Landmart agent
As you prepare to sell your house and interview prospective agents, you may find yourself wondering: just what exactly does a real estate agent do, anyway?
Sure, you see the lawn signs and the MLS listings, but do you know all they do to earn their commission?
At a basic level, a good real estate agent will save you time and money. They know your community, what buyers want in a house, how to negotiate house prices and how to close the deal.
Your Royal LePage agent will take care of all that and a whole lot more. In every real estate transaction, the number of things to do, know and remember can be daunting. Listed below are the ways your Royal LePage agent will help you get the best price for your home, all the while saving you time and worry.
Your Royal LePage real estate agent can do the following (where applicable):
1. Order a complete property profile of your house
2. Perform a professional "Competitive Housing Market Analysis"
3. Review "Total Market Overview" with sellers
4. Create a customized market plan that targets your most likely buyers
5. Develop a specialized pricing strategy for your property
6. Tour your property from the buyer's standpoint
7. Provide instructions to help your house sell at a higher price
8. Review the interior of the house to maximize attractiveness
9. Integrate photos into marketing materials
10. Accurately measure the house
11. Develop advertising copy for marketing
12. Place house description in the Multiple Listing System (MLS listings)
13. Create an exclusive listing agreement and data sheet
14. Review "Competitive Housing Market Analysis"
15. Explain commission splits between listing and selling brokers
16. Review benefits and drawbacks of using real estate lock box
17. Arrange inspections of the house and included chattels
18. Prepare seller's disclosure statement
19. Place professional For Sale sign on property, as authorized
20. Directly contact other real estate agents with qualified buyers about the property
21. Respond to real estate agent questions about the property
22. Respond to buyer questions about the property
23. Develop a convenient open house schedule with owner or tenants
24. Hold public open house viewings as warranted
25. Have photos of the property taken for online listings
26. Follow up with potential buyers from open house
27. Arrange for a tour of the property for all real estate agents in the area
28. Obtain other real estate agents' opinions of home pricing strategy
29. Review local news sources for changes in neighbourhood
30. Review the financial impact of any purchase offers with seller
31. Negotiate and write counter offers, as necessary
32. Provide access to property for inspectors, as necessary
33. Remind seller to transfer utilities to home buyer
34. Provide keys to home buyer