Getting Ready to Sell
Listing Your Home
Showing Your Home
Closing the Sale
How Your Agent Can Help
Reasons to sell with a Royal LePage Landmart agent
As you prepare to sell your house and interview prospective agents, you may find yourself wondering: just what exactly does a real estate agent do, anyway?
Sure, you see the lawn signs and the MLS listings, but do you know all they do to earn their commission?
At a basic level, a good real estate agent will save you time and money. They know your community, what buyers want in a house, how to negotiate house prices and how to close the deal.
Your Royal LePage agent will take care of all that and a whole lot more. In every real estate transaction, the number of things to do, know and remember can be daunting. Listed below are the ways your Royal LePage agent will help you get the best price for your home, all the while saving you time and worry.
Your Royal LePage real estate agent can do the following (where applicable):
1. Order a complete property profile of your house
2. Perform a professional "Competitive Housing Market Analysis"
3. Review "Total Market Overview" with sellers
4. Create a customized market plan that targets your most likely buyers
5. Develop a specialized pricing strategy for your property
6. Calculate an estimate of your net proceeds from the sale
7. Tour your property from the buyer's standpoint
8. Conduct a complete staging analysis of your house
9. Provide instructions to help your house sell at a higher price
10. Review the interior of the house to maximize attractiveness
11. Integrate photos into marketing materials
12. Develop "soon to be available" postcards
13. Review the status of any property tax liens against the property
14. Obtain copies of permits relative to the property
15. Accurately measure the house
16. Develop advertising copy for marketing
17. Place house description in the Multiple Listing System (MLS listings)
18. Provide a "Real Estate Relationships Disclosure"
19. Provide a copy of the "Real Estate Consumers Guide"
20. Assist with the completion of an exclusive listing agreement
21. Assist in completion of the "Agency Agreement Addendum"
22. Review flood disclosures, if required
23. Review lead paint disclosure requirements
24. Review "Competitive Housing Market Analysis"
25. Explain commission splits between listing and selling brokers
26. Provide marketing guarantee to seller
27. Review benefits and drawbacks of using real estate lock box
28. Arrange for pest control inspection of the house
29. Arrange for contractor's inspection of the house
30. Arrange for roof report of the house, as necessary
31. Arrange for septic tank inspection
32. Arrange for county inspection
33. Prepare seller's disclosure statement
34. Place professional For Sale sign on property, as authorized
35. Directly contact other real estate agents with qualified buyers about the property
36. Respond to real estate agent questions about the property
37. Respond to buyer questions about the property
38. Develop a convenient open house schedule with owner or tenants
39. Hold public open house viewings as warranted
40. Conduct telephone cold calls to target market, as necessary
41. Order professional photos of the property to be taken for online listings
42. Conduct door-knocking campaign in neighbourhood, as appropriate
43. Prepare just-listed postcards for potential buyers
44. Follow up with potential buyers from open house
45. Arrange for a tour of the property for all real estate agents in the area
46. Obtain other real estate agents' opinions of home pricing strategy
47. Provide weekly status report to seller by phone or in person
48. Review local news sources for changes in neighbourhood
49. Send thank-you notes to real estate agents who show the property
50. Review the financial impact of any purchase offers with seller
51. Negotiate and write counter offers, as necessary
52. Make sure escrow is open in a timely manner
53. Make sure initial deposit is placed into escrow in a timely manner
54. Make sure deposit increases are placed into escrow on time
55. Make sure buyer applies for a loan within contracted period
56. Provide access to property for inspectors, as necessary
57. Make sure seller places all necessary documents
58. Assist seller in transferring utilities to home buyer
59. Assist seller in moving to a new residence
60. Provide keys to home buyer
61. Review closing statement with sellers
62. Deliver proceeds cheque to sellers