Real estate agents: your guide through the real estate wilderness
Think of your agent like a wilderness guide. Just as the wilderness guide keeps you on the right path and away from danger on a backwoods adventure, your real estate agent is an expert and will help you navigate through the complicated areas of the home selling process, and steer you clear of costly pitfalls.
Although all real estate agents must be licensed, all Royal LePage Landmart agents are also REALTORS®. The term REALTOR ® is a trademark that identifies a licensed agent as a member of The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). All REALTORS ® make a pledge to adhere to a strict code of ethics and standards of business practice.
An agent is an expert on all things real estate in your neighbourhood. A good real estate agent saves you time and money. He or she knows your community, knows what is important when selling a house, and knows all the intricacies of the process, from marketing your home to negotiating a price and closing the deal.
How a real estate agent can help you sell your home
A Royal LePage agent will do the following:
- Recommend a competitive price for your home based on local housing market conditions
- Develop a marketing strategy to bring in as many potential buyers as possible (from offering advice on how to best show your home to creating professional marketing materials)
- Take care of all the details (so you don't have to)
- Advise you about your rights, options, and obligations
- Negotiate to get you the best price and the best terms
Asking the right questions
It's a good idea to interview several agents before choosing the one you want to sell your home with. Ask each prospective agent about their knowledge of your neighbourhood, how familiar they are with local market trends, and how they plan to market your home.
We think you'll agree that Royal LePage Landmart agents are the real estate agents of choice - motivated, experienced and dedicated to the highest level of service in the Canadian real estate industry.